The adrenal glands (also known as suprarenal glands) are endocrine glands that produce a variety of hormones including adrenaline and the steroids aldosterone, cortisol and androgens.
A number of endocrine diseases involve dysfunctions of the adrenal gland. A variety of tumors can arise from adrenal tissue and are commonly found in medical imaging when searching for other diseases.
- Cushing Syndrome ( Excess Cortisol secretion)
- Conns syndrome ( Excess Aldosterone secretion)
- Pheochromocytoma (Excess metanephrines/adrenaline secretion)
- Addison’s disease (Cortisol Deficiency/insufficiency)
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) : Genetic disease causing Addison’s disease
- Adrenal Gland Tumours.
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma.