Poor sitting posture, prolonged computer work, over-head activities and fatigue contributes to neck pain.
Neck problems can present as any of the following:
- muscular pain
- shooting or stabbing pain
- pins and needles/ numbness
- heaviness or pain of the arm.
Neck pain causes may include one of the following:
- Traumatic injuries such as whiplash
- Disc prolapse or protrusion
e.g. Cervical Spondylosis
- Nerve entrapments OR compression
- Neck joint and /muscle and / ligament injuries or sprains
- Facet joint arthritis and/or dysfunction
- Poor postural habits
- Overuse and over work
- Weak neck stabilizing muscles