Knee pain is a common complaint due to everyday wear and tear and impact on the joint due to ground reaction forces depending on our level of activities.
WHAT CAUSES KNEE PAIN?
- Ligament injuries e.g. ACL injuries,
- Bursitis e.g. Bakers Cyst
- Dislocated knee and/or Patella
- Cartilage damage like torn meniscus.
- You can also injure your knee if you have foot or ankle pain that affects your gait.
- Limping around can put excess wear on your joints, causing more pain.
Depending on the severity of the condition, a physiotherapist can improve the flexibility of the muscles around the knee.
Also, after a thorough gait analysis, a personalized strengthening programme for the hips and lower limbs muscles can be prescribed to improve walking efficiency