What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics examines not only the passive ambient situation but also the unique advantages of the human operator and the contributions that can be made if a work situation is designed to permit and encourage the person to make the best use of his or her abilities.
This includes advice about correct sitting and standing positioning, moving and handling techniques that will help to improve your posture and specific to you and therefore will consider your occupation, driving habits and other activities.
Assessment and re-alignment:
Conducting an ergonomic assessment is a foundational element of the ergonomics process.
The core goal of the ergonomics process is to make changes to your workplace that reduce risk and later measure Improvement.
- Reducing pain
- Strengthening weak muscles
- Stretching overused muscles
- Loosening and strengthening stiff joints
- Improving function and workplace efficiency
- Proper Body Mechanics and work techniques to reduce force requirements.